(not my stove but a small version of what happened)
OMG, talk about heart palpitations!
I just tried to burn down my house!
I decided that I would make my hubby and daughter a pot of sauce (made from scratch I might add..lol)! So, I’m browning the sausage the way I always do… Once they were browned nicely I put them into the pot of sauce and went to add a little water to the pan to deglaze it and…
T the flames went right up the front of microwave, cabinets and WOW the smoke!
I didn’t know what to do so I grabbed the flaming pan, ran to the back porch like a made woman and threw it down, thinking next I’d get the hose. The flames were huge (to me anyway..lol), I’ve never had something like that happen before so it took me a moment to calm down.
Once the pan went out I went back inside to check out the damage and freaked, at first I thought the cabinets were charred black!
I just had a brand new kitchen put in… Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!
Luckily it was just the smoke and I was able to bleach it clean. The bottom of one of my cabinet did melt so at the most I’ll have to replace the door.
Boy do I have a new respect for fire, how fast it can go up, and the amount of smoke that accompanies it.
My mother-in-law told me to keep baking soda by the stove, apparently if you sprinkle that on a pan of a fire like the one I experienced it’ll put it out!
Good to know!
Thankfully my sauce wasn’t ruined, I didn’t burn myself, and the kitchen is intact, I’ll be keeping that baking soda close by from now on…lol